Dell Printer error code 009-654 is a common technical error that manifests itself through poor quality prints and smudged colors. Error Code 009-654, generally indicates that your printer firmware is outdated or that the CTD sensor is not clean. You can refer to the solutions mentioned in this article to fix Dell Printer error code 009-654. If you find that error code 009-654 occurs frequently, you can call the Dell Printer customer care number and consult a certified and professional expert to implement more advanced troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Reset the Dell Printer : Resetting the printer is one of the most basic and at times the most effective solution to fix Dell Printer error code 009-654. You can refer to the steps given below to reset your Dell printer and clear the CTD sensor to fix the error:
- Step 1: Turn off the power to the Dell printer
- Step 2: Remove the printer power cable from the wall outlet.
- Step 3: Wait for some time and then turn the printer back on.
- Step 4: Gently push the rear cover and release the handle
- Step 5: Slowly open the clear cover of your Dell Printer
- Step 6: Use a clean cotton swab to clean the CTD sensor
After you clean the sensor, you can close the rear printer cover and then restart your Dell printer and check if the issue is resolved. You must keep in mind that different printer models may have different ways to open the rear cover and clean the CTD sensor. If you find that Error Code 009-654 persists even after you reset the printer you can move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update Dell Printer Firmware : New Printer Driver updates are designed to upgrade existing features and to correct the overall functionality of your Dell Printer. One of the best ways to solve Dell Printer error code 009-654 is to update your printer firmware so that you get the latest version:
- Step 1: Open your browser and go to the Dell Driver and Downloads page
- Step 2: Type the printer service tag, click ‘Submit’ and open the drivers’ list
- Step 3: Use the drop-down menu and select the operating system of your PC
- Step 4: Check the ‘Category’ section for all the files listed as ‘Drivers.’
- Step 5: Keep track of the file names since you require it after downloading
- Step 6: Click the icon and download the relevant Dell printer drivers
- Step 7: Save the file and run it as administrator
Once the User Account Control window appears, click ‘Yes’ to begin the Dell Printer driver installation and refer to the instructions given in the prompts to finish updating the firmware. If you find that the problem continues even after you update to the latest version of the firmware, then you should call the Dell Printer support number and ask for additional assistance. A team of trained Dell Printer experts is available 24 hours a day to give you the perfect solution to resolve Dell Printer error code 009-654.