HP printer Scanner Error 22 is an indication of the snag which gets displayed on the control panel of the printer when the users are trying to scan a document. This usually happens when an exceeded amount of pressure is applied to the scanner, or it has been given more load. When the scanning glass cannot take the load more than its limit, the control panel shows the particular error. This kind of malfunction occurs in HP Laser Jet Pro Printers, even though they are highly efficient devices. If you also own a Laser Jet Pro and have come across this error, then you can easily get in touch with HP Printer Contact Number and have a word with the techies or can try manual maintenance diagnosis by implementing the steps given in this blog.
There are different ways by which you can resolve the HP Laser-jet Pro Scanner Error 22, and the steps have been discussed one by one below
- Switch on the printer : Connect your HP printer to the main power source and press the power button on the printer till the light begins to blink
- Verify if your printer is in idle state: Wait for a few minutes till the time you come to know that whether your printer is in idle state or silent. If it is, then you must disconnect the printer once.
- Unplug the printer from the power source : After completing the 2nd step, you must now unplug the printer from the main power source. Let it rest for a minute.
- Plug the printer back : After that, connect the printer to the main power source, and once you do that, the printer will switch on automatically. If it doesn’t, then press the power button on the printer to manually switch it on.
- Warm up : The printer will now enter the warm-up phase. During that the lights will start flashing and the printer carriage will move. Wait till the task is finished
Connect with HP LaserJet Customer Support
If the issue doesn’t get resolved by trying the basic troubleshooting methods, then, you can get in touch with HP Printer Customer support and avail technical assistance. You are also advised to see that the scanner is not applied with extra pressure, and you do not put huge amount of documents to scan at once. Taking precautions from your side will also help to avoid the error in the future.